TauroLock lock solution for vascular catheters is used to reduce the number of catheter-related infections and to maintain patency.
TauroLock lock solution:
- is bactericidal and fungicidal, within 2-4 hours 500 microorganisms are killed
- prevents the formation of biofilm in the catheter
- maintains catheter patency
- is safe for patients and staff
Taurolock can be used in dialysis catheters, central venous catheters, subcutaneous venous ports and PICC lines.
TauroLock can be used for both children and adults.
TauroLock is also present with the addition of heparin or urokinase in cases where additional anticoagulant or thrombolytic properties are desirable.
For further information about TauroLock please click on the links in the menu on the right.
On the manufacturer's website www.taurolock.com there is a possibility to register and get access to many of the studies that are made with TauroLock lock solution.
The following types of TauroLock are available:
For catheters where the antimicrobial effect is essentially desired but little or no anticoagulation is required.
Available as three product variants:
- TP-01-3 (3 mL in ampoule, 10 ampoules per pack)
- TP-01-5 (5 mL in ampoule, 10 ampoules per pack)
- TP-01-10 (10 mL in vial , 100 vials per pack)